At Susan Eisen Fine Jewelry and Watches, your appraisal is performed according to the requirements of the International Society of Appraisers, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the American Society of Appraisers, and the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers. Your jewelry appraisal is professionally prepared to the highest standards.
We can provide a certification of replacement cost documents and help establish value for a variety of purposes including insurance, estate, divorced property settlements, forced sale, non-forced sale, private sale, equitable distribution, inventory, tax inventory, estate planning, or consignment. We also buy gold and silver.
We work by appointment and in most cases the appraisal is completed and back in your possession in one week. Each piece of jewelry is weighed, measured, and described in detail.
- Gemstones are identified, graded, measured, and their weights calculated and Metal content is determined
- All diamonds are described with weight, shape, color, clarity. In diamonds over ½ carat, the internal characteristics of the diamond are diagramed and further details regarding proportions are included
- Colored gemstones are described with weight, shape, color, and clarity with further detail when appropriate
- Your appraisal includes enlarged digital color photos of the items printed right in the report.
- Photomicrographs (photos through microscope) are available if needed for insurance claims, etc.
- Your appraisal explains the grading systems used. An explanation of the definition of value is included, along with the instructions for the appropriate use of the appraisal document.
Offsite, home, in-vault, rush, or on-site jewelry appraisals are available at an additional fee. Please feel free to call us at (915) 584-0022.